|18th of December 1922 - GRATIOZA company starts its activity in Sibiu
5th July 1923 - the decision of Sibiu Court becomes the official document confirming the existence of GRATIOZA, founded with foreign capital participation.
- “the registration of the following company Gratioza Mill Pantle and Comp, unlimited paper plant, with its registered office in Sibiu” is mentioned.
9th of December 1925 – the company turns into a joint stock company, under the registered name of GRATIOZA MILL Pantle S.A, having its registered office in 12 Riului Street;
Gratioza Mill Pantle
- the objects of the company are the “production of envelopes and letter paper and all of goods and products manufactured for industries that use paper”.
1931 => 1938 - widens its scope withe metal working, starts the manufacture of chemical items, hand sewing needles, paper tubes of textiles, pens, pins.
Chemical laboratory 1 Chemical laboratory 2
Metal machining section 1 Metal machining section 2
1944 => 1947 - planned work is adopted; work plans are applied by sections:
- section manufacturing folders, blocks, envelopes, gummed labels, files, records, binders, albums, copying forms, etc.
- metal section, manufacturing pins, clips, fasteners, punches, pin-points, writing pens, sewing needles, safety pins, etc.
- section manufacturing writing inks and pen fountains.
- tube section, manufacturing various pressed paper tubes for cotton spinning mills and textile factories.
Press workshop 1947 Tube workshop 1947
Sewing machine needle workshop Pen workshop
The national reorganisation of the economy led to the liquidation of small enterprises and their merger by technological profile into large industrial units.
1948 - after nationalisation, DEROPA (having as objects printing and manufacturing) is merged with GRATIOZA, changing its name to “Flamura Rosie State Industrial Enterprise”.
1950 - another small company in Sibiu is merged with “Flamura Rosie”: ARTALITH (producing pens and mechanical pencils).
Facade of the enterprise 1950 First leaders 1950
Bakelite press workshop 1950 Design office 1958
1954 - “CELULOIDUL” company in Resita (producing items made of Bakelite) is dissolved, and the machinery and production are taken over by “Flamura Rosie” in Sibiu.
1958 - the Ministry of Industry and Consumer Goods decides on the merger of ORLALIT (producing tiles, buttons, Galalith sticks and handles for furniture) with “Flamura Rosie”.
- becomes the leading manufacturer of metal accessories for textiles in the country;
- one of the first companies in the country to produce plastic objects.
1960 - buys the first plastic injection machines, the company profile changes almost entirely.
- utility machinery production is established, every year the number, diversity and value of these machines escalates and in 1966 we produce 12 machines, amounting to Lei 700,000.
Design workshop Stamping workshop
1968 - research activity starts, 20 inventions are made, 16 of which are patented and used in production.
A growing number of new products is assimilated, which leads to increased overall production:
1966 – 195 new products
1968 – 289 new products
1970 – 712 new products
1971 – 1014 new products
Barrels and ink of ballpoint pens Increase of overall production
Company’s cafeteria Company’s nursery
Chemical laboratory 1 Chemical laboratory 2
1989 - company reaches a number of 3000 employees, strong development takes place by increasing production capacity and equipping with specialised machinery for producing textile accessories, plastic processing machinery, other machinery and equipment.
Section manufacturing textile tubing PVC sheet welding workshop
Company building Company choir
|1990 - Romanian textile industry collapse causes the company to assimilate new products and to penetrate foreign markets. “Flamura Rosie” changes its name to “Flaro”.
1996 - A contract is signed with Fuji Magnetics GmbH in Germany - to produce mechanical units for cameras under Lohn system.
1997 - Restructuring and organisation on profit centres starts.
1999 - A new joint venture is set-up, Phoenix Mecano Mould Ltd, joint venture comprising the major Phoenix Mecano group, for making injection moulds.
|Entrance hall of Flaro Offices||
Flaro Plastic Profit Centre
2000 - Completion of restructuring and organisation on profit centres.
2001 - Working under Lohn system with Saacke Gmbh – Germany, and Vimar Spa – Italy, starts.
2002 - The foundations of the cooperation with Harting - Germany, Siemens AG and Hartmann-Codier in Germany are laid.
2003 - Achieving ISO 9001:2000 certification.
2004 - Working with Marquardt GmbH - Germany in the field of power tools starts.
2005 - RTC becomes the majority shareholder of Flaro in Sibiu. Integration into RTC Group.
2006 - Major investments are made for the activity of plastic injection and filing items; Flaro implements IT Navision 4.0 SP3 Microsoft system.
2008 - RTC Group organises all production activities within the Flaro division.
- working with FCI France in the auto industry and with two of the EMERSON divisions in the field of gas regulators in the electrotechnical industry starts.
2009 - ...
Metal Profit Centre CNC lathe workshop
Galvanizing department Plastic Profit Centreplastic
2010 - Flaro HOLDING is established including: FLARO PROD, FLAGAV, ORO SILVER.
2011 - in July 2011, TÜV SÜD grants to FLARO PROD the quality certificate: ISO TS 16949:2009 specific to automotive suppliers. Our business is strengthened through existing customers, increasing the uptake of new projects, aiming to achieving a better position of the company in the market for automotive parts suppliers.
2012 - 2014 - Flaro makes significant investments regarding production capacities in the field of plastic injection molding and also metal processing, evolving into the automotive field.
2014 - Flaro Prod is ISO TS 16949:2009 recertified.